Friday, January 6, 2012

My Sister, The Sith

My youngest sister (Sierra, 12) has a learning disability which makes playing some games more of a challenge for her. Thankfully due to SWTOR being almost completely voiced over she doesn't have to deal with her biggest challenge, reading, quite as much as she does with other games. I try and play with her just the same, since she enjoys it more that way anyhow. We also set her up with vent so we can talk easily when we aren't physically together.

She had been leveling a Jedi Consular on Sith Wrym where my Republic alts are, but last night I convinced her to give the Empire another try. Her first character in the game was a Sith Inquisitor but she quickly gave it up because she said the teachers were too mean. =P However most of my friends are on Empire and I was tired of choosing to play with them or to play with her, so with promises of pink Twi'leks I dragged her over.

I'm so proud!
She quickly picked up the SI she abandoned originally, and decided upon her character's morality. If people are nice to her, she's nice to them. If they don't speak English (or common or whatever) and she can't read what they say fast enough, she just assumes they were mean and responds accordingly. =D Before we knew it we were off to rescue her first companion!

And then my silly husband decided it was time for bed. =/

She was able to stay up a little bit later and made it all the way to the fleet before calling it a night. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't sure which Advanced Class she should pick. She asked my mother, but she is as we say... technologically challenged... and told poor Sierra to pick the wrong one. So now instead of a ranged lighting-shooting DPS her character is a double-bladed melee DPS. She's away this weekend at a funeral, so being the kind, wonderful, older sister that I am I promised to level her up a new one if I could. This time I'll make sure to be there for all the big, unchangeable decisions.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great story. I hope your adventures together are many.

    ReplyDelete